Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Mac Demarco

Trippy business.  Prominent guitar with kind of odd inflection, super chilled sounding singing, psychedelic arrangements.  He apparently used to call himself Makeout Videotape, which is an excellent band name.  Way cooler than Mac Demarco.  C'mon, man.  Top song on Spotify is the lead track from his new album, Salad Days:



An NPR article about the dude that popped up while trying to hunt down some YouTube footage says that he calls his style of music "jizz jazz."  I have no clue what that means or how it applies, but that should have been the name of his album.  So awesome.  Not so sure about that as an apt description of his music, more like qualude psych.


I like this one - funny lyrical wordplay.  Sound kind of reminds me of those John Lennon solo albums from the mid-70's.  Pretty good music to play at the desk, but I don't think I'll go out of my way to see him play live.

I like this one too:


No comments: