Wednesday, April 30, 2014

My Brightest Diamond

My initial reaction was that this chick is super weird.  I'm probably not wrong, some of this is like the off kilter bits of Tori Amos, or maybe an American Bjork?  It is truly adventurous and interesting (although the video below shows a live version of this song that sounds significantly more normal.  You should go hear the studio songs on Spotify to see just how odd sounding she is in some of her songs).  This is her most popular song on Spotify, I Have Never Loved Someone:


That is actually fantastic.  If she played that style of music, at the Cactus Cafe of something, I think I'd love to go see her break it down.  This next video is a little more like what I was hearing in the studio stuff.


Hell of a voice.  This next one is where she gets all minimalist Bjork on that ass.  We trippy, mane.
It took a few songs, but I've talked myself into liking this one.  She's an odd bird, but a beautiful voice and some really interesting arrangements.  And while Bjork is doing freaky multimedia projects about the connectedness of chlorophyll and the heart, or whatever Biophilia was all about, maybe this gal is the next best thing.

No comments: