Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Real Estate

Really beautiful, ultra chilled indie music.  Rolling Stone gave a good review to their new album a few months ago and I thought it was the same thing as Sunny Day Real Estate, which I was not enamoured with.  But once I tried out the new disc (Atlas), I have been loving it ever since.  It has joined a great little rotation with the new Beck as my go-to gentle background music.  Their 2011 album (Days) is right in the same wheelhouse and are great.  This is It's Real from that album - fun video apparently about loving on your big shaggy dog.


The most listened to tune on Spotify is Talking Backwards from their new disc:


Another good one from the new album (skip to 2:37 if you want to go past the kinda funny setup before the video starts):


Tell me that isn't beautiful.  Go ahead.  If you just took that opportunity, then you suck.  Makes me want to be a better person and hug the elderly.  Love this music.  Totally up for seeing them play.

In slightly unrelated dumb computers hilarity, if you are going to play them on Spotify, check the "Appears On" portion of their page.  Apparently, these dudes get down on Ganksta Lucky Lucci's album Original Ghetto Vet, on Toe Down's Possession Wit Intent to Sell, on Mellow Man Ace's La Familia Vol. I, and on The Don Bishop Agallah's You Already Know.  While I am slightly surprised by their foray into the world of awesome D-list rappers, if the Judgment Night soundtrack taught me anything, it is that if Teenage Fanclub and De La Soul, or Pearl Jam and Cypress Hill, can make beautiful music together, then so could Real Estate and Toe Down.

No comments: