Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Spoon

Spoon are excellent.  I may have an Austin bias – radio here has been playing them for years and so I’m pretty well versed in what they do, but I think their hits are all validly fine songs, and their string of discs are generally solid front-to-back albums of pretty, relaxed rock.  Nothing too shiny or overproduced, rarely loud and intense, just timeless rock.  Transferrence, their most recent album, is a little darker sounding, but still has some rockin' moments.  Girls Can Tell is more raw, but still a good indication of what is coming along down the pike.  Is that right?  Pike sounds funny.  But I don’t think it’s pipe.  According to the internets, it is pike, as in short for turnpike.  Weird, sorry, back to Spoon.  Gimme Fiction is also a solid album – I Turn my Camera On is their most listened to song on Spotify, and for good reason:

After pulling them up on Spotify, I actually just spent the last two days listening to their catalog front to back.  Very good, and hard to turn off in order to listen to anything else.  I should probably go see these dudes jam.


Another one, because I don't think you've had enough:

1 comment:

Cary Hendricks said...

Not that it matters but I agree with you assessment of Spoon. They jam and I would like to go jam with them.