Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Interpol

Their last album appears to have come out in 2010 (unless Spotify is just not cool enough to list their most recent stuff), which is interesting.  I’d expect that most bands are looking to pimp their new stuff.  The 2010 album is self-titled, and sounds kind of like The National without depression or the Killers without the supreme pop chops or Franz Ferdinand without the jumpy funk scottishness.  Most popular song on Spotify is Evil (video is muy creepy with little dolls):

 and Obstacle 1 is second place (pretty good song):

I don’t recognize any of this from the radio, but most of their music is also 10 years old, so maybe it just didn’t stick around much.  Of course, right after I typed that I heard an Interpol song on KUTX.  Well done, Mott Reilly.  I like what I have heard and when I was about to search for my next band, I just decided to keep listening instead.  Really pretty dang good music.  I think I’d like to check them out.

No comments: