Thursday, May 28, 2015

Big Don

Kiddie Limits.  If you don't smile a little bit while listening to a rap version of "If You're Happy and You Know It," then you need to go hang with the Grinch in his mountaintop cave.  Sadly, I don't see a video of that particular track, which is his most popular on Spotify with a little over 18k listens. But, I can provide you with this lovely alphabet rap, surprisingly titled "The Alphabet Song"
Thanks for saying "J" is for "Jack," my friend.  His damn smile is so big near the end of that video, it is a little bit terrifying.  His flow reminds me of Biz Markie.  Oh, man, and there is one for Humpty Dumpty, which is comedy gold as well.
Take it easy, you're starting to wobble!  Humpty!  Get off da wall!  Humpty!  You might fall!  That is excellent stuff.  "Itsy Bitsy Spider" sounds like a creeper - that's a gangster spider, yo.  "He creepy crawly y'all! He crawl across tha wall!"  "At the Zoo!  We at the Zoo! This is what we do at the Zoo!" So many fun things!

I'll give the guy points for some originality in making kid rap, this is funny stuff.  For your information, the guy is apparently part of the Austin Music Hall of Fame.  I'm not going to go see him do his thing, but I appreciate the fact that he exists.

No comments: