Saturday, May 16, 2015

Charlotte OC

Electronic chilly singer.  This is a gal named Charlotte O'Connor, who has only two EP's available on Spotify.  Strong voice, but overall her music is not something I'd seek out.  Not quite as depressing sounding as Lana Del Rey, but I'd put them in the same general wheelhouse, especially "On and On." Her most listened to track is "Colour My Heart," with just over 750k listens:
Sounds a bit like Kate Bush there at the start.  I bet the budget for that video was under $50.  "We need $48 worth of black makeup and nail polish, one light bulb, and then I need you to just wear a black dress.  Mmmkay?"  That track was off of the 2014 Strange EP.  The current most popular on Spotify is off of the new EP, Burning, and is more of a dance number, called "If My House Was Burning"
Again, I can dig the fact that her pipes are top notch, but I can't say that I really care to hear the tune. Three of the four tracks on this EP (Burning) are versions of that song.  I doubt I'll go check her out.

No comments: