Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Mako [updated]

No longer showing up on the schedule as playing Weekend One.  I'm not sad.

Electronic dance.  Can the connoisseurs of this type of music actually tell who is playing?  If I took brand new songs from Mako, Nero, Deadmau5, and Kygo, songs that had never been heard outside of the hard drive upon which they were composed, would even the most fervent EDM mastermind be able to tell me which was which?  I have my doubts, but maybe they all have tell-tale signs that EDM-heads know all about.  Whatever it is, I can't notice in this music.  Synths, build-ups, bass drops, lady singers doing hooks.  But then again, I am old.  And I once bought Snow's album 12 Inches of Snow, so what do I know?

The current most popular track on Spotify is "I Won't Let You Walk Away - Radio Edit," with more than 2.1 million listens.  Close your eyes, and tell me if this is Calvin Harris or Avicii.
That might not have been the radio mix.  I'm so very sorry.  If you could tell, then you are the best listener around.  Here is the most listened to track on Spotify, "Beam - Dannic Radio Mix," clocking in at over 3.3 million listens.
First, it certainly looks like fun to go to their show, especially when that lady sings the word "inside." I can dig the fact that their music is likely fun to jam out to in a big crowd.  Second, there is, I shit you not, a ONE HOUR version of that song available on YouTube.  Lord have mercy, I hope the NSA never finds that thing or they are going to ear-board everyone with it and there will be an end to Western civilization as we know it.

I listened to the top ten on Spotify.  Please don't make me listen to anymore.  Please?  I do not want to see these two people push their buttons and dance.

No comments: