Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Glass Animals

Really boring electronic indie.  Even their Wikipedia entry is bare and boring.  They are from Oxford.  They have an album.  Wiki Out.

The number of plays they have on Spotify shows that I'm likely off base, as they have a song with almost 24 million spins, "Gooey" from the 2014 album ZABA.  Here you go:
How great are the lyrics to that song?  You be the judge: "Right, my little pooh bear, wanna take a chance? Wanna sip this smooth air, kick it in the sand. I'd say I told you so but you just gonna cry.
You just wanna know those peanut butter vibes."  Yep.  Peanut butter vibes.  But if people have played that tune millions of times, there is something going on with it that I'm just not cool enough to comprehend.
Here is the second most listened to on Spotify (6 million spins), "Black Mambo"
More extremely sleepy electro stuff.  I've run through the album a handful of times, and it just does absolutely zero for me.  Not planning on seeing the gooey guys.  Of interest to me, this is a band on the 10th line (of 28 lines) on the ACL poster.  Not prime position, but in the top third-ish.  Makes me scared I'm losing my discerning ear if these guys are listed that highly.

1 comment:

Joseph Cathey said...

It sounds terrible, but I love the idea of "peanut butter vibes." Those lyrics should be in better music, cause I would totally listen to a good rock band tear through a song that had a chorus of:

"Peanut butter vibes bitch! Peanut butter vibes bass!
If you ain't got my peanut butter then get out of my face!"