Thursday, May 28, 2015

FFF Fest 2015 Lineup Announced

Holy crap.  I made fun of my friend Chad the other day for saying that I needed to ditch ACL Fest in favor of the Fun Fun Fun Fest.  Was I wrong?  After the surge of adrenaline and excitement I just got by reading this line-up, I feel like I may have been wrong.  An aside, why does their website suck so damn bad?  I can never get it to work with my browsers except for my phone.

Highlights:
  • Jane's Addiction playing Ritual in its entirety?  While Nothing's Shocking is my favorite, I listened to Ritual de lo Habitual about a million times in high school after my sister Sharon introduced it to me.  "Ain't No Right" likely took a large chunk of my hearing away from me because of the huge headphones I used to blare it straight into my eardrums while feeling very tough.  And "Three Days," I might have to pay a videographer to come with me to tape that song so that I can re-watch it over and over.
  • Wu Tang Clan!  The freaking Wu Tang Clan!!  I don't know what lineup this will include, but come on, having the whole living portion of the Clan together would be better than all the rappers named for ACL if they were combined like Voltron.
  • D'Angelo.  I figured ACL would score him - with his hot new album full of funky goodness. Instead, FFF has him.
  • L7 (Wargasm!!!), Chvrches, Schoolboy Q, Afrika Bambaataa, OFF!, Cheap Trick (I want you, to want ME!), and then a bunch of cool lower tier stuff, like Alvvays, Speedy Ortiz, BadBadNotGood (with WuTang on the bill, I bet they get some Ghostface!), Viet Cong, Benjamin Booker, Joey Bada$$, Parquet Courts, Rae Sremmurd...
And I don't even really know other bands that people are excited about, like top biller for the Black Stage, Venom, or RIDE, NOFX, Drive Like Jehu, etc.

Unfortunately, this is one month after ACL Fest (Nov. 6-8), which means I'm going to have to do something serious to get a hall pass.  Why can't they put their fest in April?  But if I could see Wu Tang and Jane's Addiction, I might die happy.

No comments: