Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Benjamin Booker (updated)

Hot shot of old school rock and roll.  The guy's only got one song available on Spotify, so I don't have a ton to go by, but the one song (Violent Shiver) is straight bangin' rock with a fuzzy vocal that ought to be perfect for shouting along to in a crowd.
Looks like he jammed this tune on Letterman as well, and his debut album will be coming out in the Fall.  Just in time to be a hot new guy on the scene in October.  Hard to know right now if he'll be worth it, but I like this one little nugget.

UPDATE:
Holy crap, I really like the album.  It's like Gary Clark Jr. and Jack White got together and made a beautiful baby boy, stuck him in a basket to sail down the Mississippi, and he ended up in New Orleans learning how to jam.  

You should take an hour right now and go listen to this guy rock it out.  Sadly, I'm not going to get to see him because I'll be at Spanish Gold.  But, if the smart people who make the schedule can adjust it by an hour, I'd be eternally grateful!

No comments: