Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Spanish Gold (updated)

Dangit.  I'm getting highly annoyed by these bands with just one song and a pile of promise.  This is some slinky rock and roll excellence from three beardy dudes.  I'm feeling Black Keys and My Morning Jacket influence.  Ah, and then I look up their story, and one of them is the drummer from MMJ, so that makes sense.  The other guys are from Grupo Fantasma and Hacienda.


Bottom line, I am loving this song.  I have no clue if the rest of the album (purportedly out next week) will be as good, but this is a really strong first step towards world domination.

UPDATE: The rest of the album is just as good.  Fabuloso.  Bluesy, driving, rock and roll that has gotten better with each listen to the album.  I may have to actually go to Waterloo and buy another piece of plastic to join my collection of musical dinosaur bones.  Definite confirmation of my MMJ/Black Keys thoughts posted earlier - I love both of those bands so this is a super love child to have in the world.

Dang blogger or YouTube is not cooperating to let me show you this live video of them jamming, but I think you should check it out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPsXn42ygi0

I also think you should go to Spotify right now and jam the new album (South of Nowhere) and enjoy.

No comments: