Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Falls

Lovely.  Harmonic duo in the vein of Civil Wars.  One EP on Spotify, with most songs having a few listens but one, Home, at almost half a million.  I'm guessing it was featured on Gray's Anatomy or something.

The rest of their EP is just as good.  Sounds like these guys were originally a couple, broke up and then got back together to make music - the website says "They met. They fell in love. They fought. They broke up. Falls."  Also sounds like they are blowing up, playing Bumbershoot festival in Seattle, Loufest in St. Louis, and then ACL.  Pretty good for a band with only 6 songs. 

"Girl That I Love" makes me think of Paul McCartney on the White Album at first, then the female comes into the song and it is a wonderful harmony.  This live version isn't quite as nice as the studio one, but you'll get the idea.

I bet an ACL taping with these dudes in the Moody Theatre would be fantastic.  I need to get this EP over to the wife, as she would absolutely love it.  I'm pretty close behind her.

No comments: