Tuesday, May 13, 2014

A Thousand Horses

I'd call this rock if it wasn't for that slide guitar floating around in each song.  The lead singer reminds me of Rob Thomas from Matchbox 20.

I have no clue why Blogger is being a pinche mas grande about embedding some videos, but neither of the two videos I wanted to include in here will work.  But here's what I can do. Tennessee Whiskey:


This is more of that jam-band-ish, beard-o, southern rock with a taste of country.  They've got two EPs out, with no full length albums yet.  Their website says that they have been playing with Gregg Allman in some acoustic shows, which makes good sense.  Sounds like a good match.  That being said, these dudes want to make it damn clear that you are required to drink to enjoy their music, as their website provides the following information:
  • They are a "blues and booze infused cocktail of southern rock and country."  Blech.  Not as bad as Hollywood Sadcore, but just blech.
  • "the band encapsulates the traditional windows–down summer vibrato that makes any beer run or porch hang happen."  Oh.  Huh.  Yeah, I read that a few times and still cannot comprende.
  • "They are to be listened to loud and preferably with a drink in hand."  Hell yeah.  Especially the sad-sack sounding ballad called Drunk Dial.  Crank that up!

DO NOT try to listen to these guys while sober.  I bet a hole rips in the space-time continuum.  Or else you realize that you still associate Rob Thomas with that awful Santana song and therefore dislike him and anything that sounds like him.  I need a drink.

No comments: