Tuesday, May 6, 2014

The Head and the Heart

I really like this band.  Pearly and I saw them at Fun Fun Fun Fest a few years ago and I think they are a solid indie pop band with a really expansive and catchy sound.  Their first album has a creepy looking sheep mask person on it, but it is an excellent album from front to back.  I bought it based on Lost in My Mind and have really liked it ever since.

The slow build on that song is so well done.  Still works really well after many listens.  And that video is kind of a fun little Pied Piper hike through the snowy woods to a secret lamp show concert.  I'd love to imagine that these people really love to hang out with each other and jam in the snow.  More than likely they hate each other because of that time that Ted ate the last Powerbar in the tour van or who gets more mic time in the YouTube videos, but I'm going to believe they are all besties.  Here is another hit from that first album, called Down in the Valley:

So dang pretty.  And if you name drop Whiskey River 'round here?  Instant hit.  Their new album came out last year and has spawned a few hit singles (at least on KUTX, which is about the only radio source I use anymore), like Shake:
Great stuff.  Looking forward to seeing them.

No comments: