Friday, May 30, 2014

Jon Batiste and Stay Human

Hey now, jazz piano at ACL Fest!  This is some jazzy gospel action.  Jazz is Now, from 2013, is really nice.  I don't listen to jazz music, but if I did, this seems like excellent music to read the New York Times to while drinking non-fat mocha lattes or something.  In truth, I just left that album playing as I did some work and the first few tracks are great music.  Maybe I should listen to jazz.  And eat duck pate with my persian cat.  Why can't I be serious in saying this is good?  I don't know.  But it truly is nice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kT2yCAu2X0

His other 2013 album (Social Music) is more gospel-y (lyrically), with a style that is kind of jazzy, but also kind of pop music. More of a creole sound with some pop flourishes.  Here is Let God Lead:


Not going to go see him play at ACL, but I will stream Jazz is Now some more when I know someone with musical taste is going to come into my office, so that I can smugly show that I have a deep and serious appreciation for jazz music that they don't even know about.  Take that, future person who will be impressed by me.

No comments: