Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Bleachers

Another guy with limited music available.  Only two songs out there on Spotify for me to hear.  The music is some 80's dance pop action.
Ah, but then I came across this one on YouTube.  I have heard this song before - it is an excellent pop jam done by a guy who was (or still is) in fun.  I saw fun. last year at ACL and they were surprisingly great.  I kind of figured they were one hit wonder machines, but their hits were good and their cover of the Rolling Stones was way better than I would have expected.  I took immense pleasure in knowing immediately that they were playing the Stones, while all of the stoned 14 year olds around me in the crowd looked confused.

In addition to being a catchy tune, the video is funny too - "I don't know how to power clash" is a great line.

Hard to know if Bleachers will be good for a whole show, but I like this initial toe in the water.

No comments: