Friday, May 2, 2014

Snowmine

Nice, pop indie-ness.  Sort of in the same family tree as Coldplay.  The web is relatively devoid of information about these cats, but their website involves crowd funding, so they are still pretty small time with no label backing them right now.  Which is weird, because I am really enjoying their most recent album. 


Kind of a funky little indie nugget with strong rythym and some strings and choral backing.  Hard to put into a bucket of something I've already heard, but I like it.


This one too.  I mean, come on.  These people are like the 80th band on the poster, and yet they are making some really nice harmony and good music.  It is a little bit annoying, that in general I like everything I've heard that is coming to ACL, but it is a great problem to have!

No comments: