Monday, May 5, 2014

The Rosebuds

Indie rock goodness.  They aren't as complicated or good as Arcade Fire, but that's who they remind me of the most.  The band is a husband/wife and a drummer, and they have a really nice harmony layered over slightly odd but danceable indie rock.  They have about seven albums available on Spotify, including a Christmas album (which seems to say that they are a well established band, making a holiday album and all).  Their top song on Spotify annoyed me, but I think you should all have to hear them say "It don't mean nothin' at all" over and over again, since I did:

I mean, that is a great list of action items for the fox who is trying to be nice in the world, but it sounds like doing those things to be nice doesn't actually mean anything at all, so maybe the fox should just do whatever it damn well pleases.  Be your own fox, Fox.

Here is their second most popular track, which is relative because it only has 16k views on YouTube.  But there is actually a video you get to watch, which is appealing.  Although the song is called Woods, the video seems to be all about surfing and singing to a poor-quality camera.

I like that they are using one of those little toy pianos (or something that sounds a lot like one) in there.  I like the song, it seems like a good band.  Here's one more video, this time with some hunters and animal fairies and deer.

Mmmkay.  Trippy video, but another good tune.

I'm realizing how bad this project might end up being for me when I go to the festival.  If I have to show up at the 11:30 am shows so that I can see The Rosebuds and Nikki Lane,  I am going to be screwed / exhausted by about mid-day on Saturday.  Going to need to power up to see all of the good music that I have been discovering.

No comments: