Monday, May 19, 2014

Polica

I saw this group in 2012, but this is not at all what I remember.  My recollection of their music was a raucus alt-rock show fronted by a wailing, strong-voiced woman.  Here is video of that show.  Maybe I should drink a little less:

The 2012 (Give You the Ghost)album is more like chill electronic music fronted by an auto-tuned fembot.  The most popular tune is called Lay Your Cards Out, but it doesn't ring a bell in the slightest:


I recall liking this band, but the first album is not great.  The second album is better (2013's Shulamith) - the lead singer dropped the heavy effects and is just singing.  Which I like quite a bit better.  But the music is still all drums and synths, swerving between pop dance hooks (Chain My Name) and kind of darker, brooding tunes (Very Cruel).  Here is Chain my Name:


I don't guess I'm going to go out of my way to go see them again.

No comments: