Thursday, August 23, 2018

Mamafesta

One Liner: Local jam band grooving out in the dark.
Wikipedia Genre:  None, going to call it jam rock.
Home: Austin

Poster Position: 27-ish

Day: Saturday at Noon.
Second Weekend Only.

Thoughts: By the way, there is also a band called Mamafest.  So don't get it confused.  Kinda jam-ish tunes.  These cats were added recently, maybe the day they released the schedule, so I'm only now discovering them.  Actually, I think no one has yet discovered them, as only two of their songs on Spotify crack the 1,000 play mark.  So they haven't quite lit the world on fire just yet.

Their Spotify bio says they are "an original groove-rock outfit from Austin, Texas that was born in the fall of 2011."  About midway through their top song - "Life Comes Easy" - and its got an extended boogaloo breakdown in the middle that makes me think of String Cheese or the Dead, people just blissing out and taking turns on their instruments and keeping the funk rolling.  I can't give you that one via YouTube, as it is not one of the three videos they have uploaded.

So, instead, I give you the one video they have uploaded that appears to showcase their actual music.  This is "If I Was."  It has less than 1,000 streams on Spotify.
Yeah baby.  Groovy.  I enjoy the music on these tracks pretty well, but I won't say that the lyrics or vocals are just knocking me off my feet.  I doubt I'd go see these guys - noon on Saturday isn't real likely, but I was feeling the groove for a few hours this afternoon.

No comments: