Friday, August 17, 2018

Dizzy

One Liner: Super chilled, dreamy pop from Ontario that I actually enjoy.
Wikipedia Genre: No Wikipedia: chillwave, indie rock, dream pop.
Home: Oshawa, Ontario

Poster Position: 26

Day: Saturday at Noon
Weekend One Only.

Thoughts: I don't know what I thought this was going to be, but this isn't it.  Very chill, cool sounding indie electronic tunes.  No real album yet, just seven songs available on Spotify.  I know you wouldn't normally expect me to be into chillwave stuff, but I like the vibe on this.  Most streamed is "Pretty Thing," with 894k streams (which seems like a bunch for a band on the 26th line with no albums).
Beauty.  Kind of spacey indie, kind of dream pop, kind of chill wave, very lovely.  I'm on board.

The band is actually three brothers - Charlie, Alex, and Mackenzie Spencer - playing behind a female vocalist (who is is not their brother).  Her voice is great though, and the brothers make a nice, relaxed vibe with their tunes.  Their other most-listened-to track is "Stars and Moons," and I think I like it even more.  This version isn't the studio one, but you'll get the feeling.
Yeah, that one is also good.  I guess this is in the same vein as Chvrches, which I have already professed my love for, its just more chilled than dance.  One more, just for shits and giggles, this is "Joshua."
So simple, just snaps and guitar and an underlying current of synth.  Her voice gets a chance to shine though, as do the lyrics.

Yeah, I'd actually give this one a shot.  OH, SHOCKER, ITS FREAKING WEEKEND ONE ONLY.  Damn everything to hell.

No comments: