Thursday, August 30, 2018

Superfonicos

One Liner: Funky afro-funk from south of the border
Wikipedia Genre: None, Colombian Funk and Caribe Soul
Home: Austin

Poster Position: 27
Day: Sunday at 12:15
Weekend Two Only.

Thoughts: Only one song available on Spotify, so I've got to make some assumptions about the band as a whole, but it sounds like 15 guys getting exceedingly funky in Spanish.  "Rio Negro" is the tune, and it actually jams.  You're not going to find me seeking out Afro-Colombian music, but this is funky and wild and pretty fun.  No video though.

BUT!  There is a Tiny Desk.  How I love the Tiny Desk.  Give me all the Tiny Desks.  WAIT!  No, there is not a Tiny Desk.  Instead, there is this band's entry to the Tiny Desk people, hoping to be selected.  DAMMIT ALL TO HELL!
Their studio song that you can hear on Spotify is miles better than that.  I wouldn't have picked them to do a Tiny Desk from that either.

I mean, I'm not gonna show up at the Festival at noon on Sunday anyway, so it doesn't really matter if these guys are good or not, but I liked their one song, so if you're into funky latin grooves, go get 'em.

No comments: