Thursday, August 9, 2018

Neighbor Lady

One Liner: Great indie rock Americana from Georgia.
Wikipedia Genre: No Wikipedia, will go with indie rock, americana.
Home: Atlanta

Poster Position: 28

Day: Sunday at 11:30
Weekend One Only.

Thoughts: First off, I like the band name.  There's something kindly and comfortable and evocative of pleasantness in the name.  And then the music comes off in a similar vibe, kind of folky, chilled indie rock.  Very pleasantness, while still rock enough to be fun for me.

Atlanta band, made up of two ladies and two dudes, but with very little press that I can easily find.  Sounds like the band was originally a solo gig for the lead singer that added the rest of these folks later.  Their Spotify bio says they are the missing link between indie-rock and classic country western.  Not so sure I'd go that far.  Let's get to the tunes.  One album, only seven songs, and they're all damn good.  The top track is "Oh Honey," with 130k streams.
I like it.  Not sure about the purported country flashes on there - just sounds to me like a good indie rock tune.  Little psych influence in the guitar effects.  I like the picking and the slight swaggering groove.  I like her voice a lot.

Several of their tunes are in the under 10k zone, so here is their #3 (presented because it actually has a video), "Let It Bleed," at 17k.
Even more electric guitar action, a little bit foreboding, kind of dark and angular.  Again, not sensing the country, but enjoying all of these songs.  I'd give this a shot in the Fall.

No comments: