One Liner: Falsetto-fied, deeply confessional, indie pop
Wikipedia Genre: Indie, folk, pop
Home: Downers Grove, Illinois (that's a depressing ass town name) to NYC
Poster Position: Third Quarter - Line 17
Day: Sunday at 2pm
Weekend Two Only.
Beatbox Stage.
Thoughts: The first song, his most popular, is so softly sung that I had trouble even hearing it. He first achieved popularity through a TikTok account that posted comedy bits, gaining about a million followers, and then went for a music angle. A lot of these songs seem to be about the hardships of gay romance. It is very pretty, but I am finding myself pretty bored by the staid instrumentation covered by whispery falsetto.
Two albums, 2023's Downers Grove and 2025's Achilles. The top track is from that first album, called "star tripping" with 13.8 million streams.
I agree with the crowd, that is one of the better songs in this group. Also kind of funny, when you enter his name into Wikipedia, the page that comes up is for a fictitious character from Chicago PD who has the same name. How is a fake guy going to come up before a real one?
That first song on his Popular list is a 2023 single that already tells a whole story just by the title. "why did you invite me to your wedding" has 6.8 million streams.
Beautiful song when I can actually hear it. Like the best kind of depressing ass Pheobe Bridgers song that crushes you a little bit thinking about the person who wrote it and what they went through. So good. I doubt I will go see this, but I could see a Tito's Tent quiet set that would be excellent.
No comments:
Post a Comment