One Liner: Remixes of other people's music
Poster Position: Late Addition
Weekend One Only.
Saturday at 2pm.
Tito's Tent.
Thoughts: Ugh. I have never knowingly listened to AI music on Spotify - like one of those artists who is just entirely fake with fake images of bandmembers and entirely AI-created tunes. But it would not surprise me at all if this is that. Just an entirely generic techno drivel thing with banging beats and generic English and other language singing over the top. Very lame.
It feels like it will be a very weird experience for folks to be in the Tito's Tent at 2 in the afternoon, in the pure heat of the day, getting their faces bashed in by this aggressively European techno.
WAIT. Maybe I am listening to the wrong thing. The "DJ Cassandra" on Spotify says the Composed is Luigi Iaccio and the Producer is Iaccio Luigi. Maybe I really am listening to AI. But when I just searched the web, I see that there is a young blonde lady, written in up in Tribeza of all places, who uses the same name and is "one of Austin's most sought-after DJs. That is bound to be the correct person, right? She doesn't seem to have any Spotify music though.
Cassie Shankman graduated from UT with a music composition major, began her career working in film on several Terrence Malick projects, and more recently got to open for Willie Nelson at the Austin City Limits 50th anniversary taping. Which, quite frankly, sounds like a dream life. Her Tribeza interview also has her saying that playing ACL Fest "was amazing" so I guess she already played here? I don't have a review written about her, so not sure where I missed that.
I tried searching for her on YouTube, but I think the DJ things I found were all someone else, except for a short commercial for the Firehouse Hostel, which is just her remixing a little bit of Kendrick.
So, no clue what her set will be like, but I assume it will just be a mashup of other people's tunes to dance to in the heat of the afternoon. I think I am good!
No comments:
Post a Comment