Thursday, August 27, 2026

The 4411

One Liner: Local boys making some raw indie rock 
Wikipedia Genre: No Wikipedia, but this is indie rock
Home: Austin!

Poster Position: Bottom Quarter - Line 25

Day: Friday at 12:45
Weekend One Only.

Tito's Tent (go see them!)

Thoughts:  I literally just started two other artists, cursed under my breath about how I couldn't take anymore of this pop schlock, and scooted down the poster to these fellas.  I didn't know their music, but I knew some of their backstory, so I knew they wouldn't let me down.

Two members of this band have some sort of very tenuous connection to me.  I grew up with the singer's aunt, and the drummer went to my kids' high school.  Those facts also may be fake, but they have been bandied about around me for a while.  I do not know these guys at all, I have never interacted with any of them as far as I know (unless Gerlach was one of those little punks who kept ding-dong-ditching my house).  They started making music in high school when locked down during COVID, and then moved to Texas State to share a dorm and keep making tunes.  They got a song onto a Spotify discovery playlist, met a new friend (and guitarist) down the hall, and made a go of it all.  

No full albums yet, just a couple of EPs and singles.  They sound pretty raw, but it is appealingly good indie rock without a lot of polish and pretense.  One song that breaks the million stream barrier - "As You Please" was on their 2025 EP and has 1.7 million streams.

Weird video.  Y'all just walk around this kind of crappy park for a bit.  Cool.  Good.  Their new EP has been out for about a week, so the stream count is pretty low for some of the songs, but "Her" is doing pretty well with 284k streams.

I'm getting a little of the Briscoe vibe on some of these songs too, but that may just be that they are making me think locally.  But I like once this one opens up and gets a little louder.  I don't know if they are getting to get a terrible time slot, but I'd go check the set out for sure.


No comments: