One Liner: "Friday" and other slightly better garbage
Wikipedia Genre: Pop
Home: Irvine, CA
Poster Position: Second Quarter - Line 11
Day: Friday at 4:30
Weekend One Only.
Tito's Tent (really?)
Thoughts: Really? The "Friday" girl is coming to ACL? This is truly awful music. I also think it is kind of funny that "Friday" was a massive viral "hit" and yet it only has 27.8 million streams. That ain't squat!
I don't know if I had ever actually heard that song until just now. What an absolute piece of shit song. Absolutely looks like a music industry insider's daughter making a song. Awful awful song. Sounds like a damn robot. Wikipedia: "The song had a polarizing reaction as while it peaked at number 58 on the Billboard Hot 100, it was also panned by audiences and music critics, many of whom considered it "among the worst songs ever made". In 2013, Black released a follow-up single "Saturday" (with Dave Days) to similar commercial success and marginally improved reception." Deeeeply awful song.
And the music she has released since, no better. "Sugar Water Cyanide" is terrible pop slop, like AI trying to recreate a Gwen Stefani song. "TRUST!" is also terrible. Super generic EDM pop beat and her smearing falsetto words around on top. What I honestly wish is that no one would go to her stage. That she would walk out and be like "WHAT UP AUSTIN!" and literally there is no one standing there. I also hear Dime Store Lady Gaga in here as well. I hate it. I so want to stop listening to this.
She is not the daughter of an industry person - both of her parents are veterinarians. She attended private school when young but then transferred to public school because of bullying. Probably because she sang "Friday" to someone. She joined the musical theater program and soon dropped out entirely to be homeschooled and focus on her career. Apparently, Black's mother paid $4,000 to a company called ARK Music Factory that had two pre-written tracks for her to perform. She chose "Friday," made the video performing the song, and it did nothing on YouTube until a week later when Twitter found it and it absolutely blew up. Almost entirely negative reviews, and also terrible shit like death threats over it all. She was 13. It was YouTube's #1 video of 2011.
Two albums - 2023's Let Her Burn and 2025's Salvation. That first one has no songs with more than 2 million streams and the new one has a few approaching ten million. Here is the previously mentioned "Sugar Water Cyanide." 9.6 million streams.
Ugh. I hate everything about it. I will not watch this.
No comments:
Post a Comment