Thursday, August 27, 2026

¥ØU$UK€ ¥UK1MAT$U

One Liner:  As far as I can tell, just a mixtape of other people's tunes

Wikipedia Genre:  EDM
Home: Japan

Poster Position: Second Quarter - Line 7

Both Weekends.
Saturday at 6:30pm

Tito's Tent (I can see that being a sick show)

Thoughts:  SO EDGY TO WRITE HIS NAME LIKE THAT!!!  He was born in Joto-ku, Osaka, Japan, and began DJing when he was almost 30.  WHy, you might ask, make that late-in-life move?  "Originally employed in construction, Yukimatsu was diagnosed with a malignant brain tumor in 2016, leading him to leave his job. After undergoing treatment and two surgeries, he shifted his focus entirely to DJing."  Sure!  Why not!  If you're gonna die, just go party down!  He was underground for a bit, and then got recognition on the Japanese club circuit.  He got discovered by DJ Nobu, who got him a spot at a party in Tokyo, and he was able to break out.

Here is the problem, as far as I see it.  He has no original music.  Or at least none on Spotify.  The only things available there when you search are playlists where people have compiled the songs that he uses in his sets - things you may have heard of like The Prodigy, 100 gecs, Skrillex, The Chemical Brothers, and things I have never heard of like Underworld, 3Phaz, or Overmono.  But they are just other people's songs.

Here is the video that apparently made him famous, and what many of those playlists are based upon.  Boiler Room: Tokyo.

But, like, that first song sounds just like the real 100 gecs song.  He is screwing around with those knobs and whatnot, and nothing is changing?  I also really dislike the young lady who is filming the whole first song.  Just jam it!  You'll be on YouTube!

Yeah, I guess if you want to go hear stressful songs played all in a row by a dude who used to mix concrete, kicked cancer's ass, and now wants to melt your face?  Go get 'em.

No comments: