Wednesday, August 26, 2026

Fcukers

One Liner: Sexy electronic dance party
Wikipedia Genre: Electronic
Home: NYC

Poster PositionSecond Quarter - Line 8

Day: Sunday at 6:30
Both Weekends.

Tito's Tent

Thoughts:  I definitely had an idea of what this music would be, and EDM was not my first expectation.  I was really hoping for some grimy punk music.  Instead, this is some incessantly pounding dance music with a lady repeating sexy phrases over it without end.

Two members of a band called Spud Cannon decided to quit the band because it was "some nimby kimby indie rock bullshit."  They hooked up with the vocalist from something called The Shacks, and started exploring electronic, dubstep, etc.  Early on, they got to collaborate with James Murphy of LCD Soundsystem, and soon thereafter were signed to a label.  Only one album, 2026's Ö.  Some of the songs are kind of cool, many of them get old really quickly because it is just the same thing for minute after minute. Makes me think of "Flat Beat" by Mr. Oizo from way back in the 90's.  Top streamer is "Bon Bon," a 2024 single from their "early" days. 11.7 million streams.

Gotta respect spending 45 cents on the video.  That one does nothing for me.  But since this year appears to be the year of the EDM, I guess this is what we get.  They do a cover of "Devil's Haircut" on their first single that I was sort of excited to hear, just because, Beck.  But it is not very good.  She's a little sloppy on the delivery of the vocals, and the beat is pretty generic - like my first Casio pre-set #7.

The top single from the album is called "I Like It Like That," but I hate that one even more, so I am going to give you the top track in the Spotify Popular list, the Daft Punk-considering "if you wanna party, come over to my house."  5.5 million streams.

Another big budget video in the books!  I swear this group's name is doing some really heavy listing.  I wonder if they were named PastaWater if people would be listening to this stuff?  I do not care for it.

No comments: