Thursday, August 27, 2026

Josh Conway (no longer playing the Fest)

Josh Conway tour Cancelled : r/aclfestival

One Liner: Forgettable bedroom pop from the Maria's drummer

Wikipedia Genre: No Wikipedia, but this is dream pop, indie pop, bedroom pop
Home: L.A.

Poster Position: Second Quarter - Line 12

Day: NO Longer Playing
Weekend One Only.

Thoughts:  Odd.  When you search Wikipedia for him, this name comes up as the drummer/producer for the band The Marias.  I guess it is the same dude.  One thing I read said that he is now an in-demand producer.  He also co-wrote a song for Bad Bunny.

Reading about some of the artists these days feels surreal.  I think it is probably because the agents and promoters just use AI to create blurbs about their guy, but they make this dude sound like the second coming of Michael Jackson mixed with Stevie Wonder.  "Melodically, ‘forget him’ glides rather than pushes, unfolding with a calm assurance that never slips into boredom. The transitions between verse and chorus feel natural and unforced, like a conversation that knows exactly where it is going without rushing to get there. Hooks linger without overstaying their welcome, which is a harder trick than it sounds in a genre that often confuses repetition for impact."  Suuuuuure.  Here is that tune, with 476k streams.

Oh wow, that calm assurance was sick.  I feel like I wasn't pushed at all during that song.  Thank goodness I didn't have to confuse repetition for impact in there.  Just an unmemorable slice of quiet pop that, when someone asks what I think about Josh Conway in two months, I will not recall in the slightest.

Just one album, 2026's plum.  That one is the top streamer by a good amount, several of the songs are under 35k streams.  We'll go with "crumble" for another single, because I'm sure it is all about those cookies that, thankfully, my kids seems to have finally forgotten about.  182k streams.

That little room full of instruments is fun!  I wish he would use more of them!  He just turned on the Casio2000 beat and let it roll while he sang.  The polar bear is putting in some good work, but I could use a little something extra from him there.  I'm good!

No comments: