One Liner: Perfectly fine London R&B singer
Wikipedia Genre: R&B, trip hop, soul
Home: London
Poster Position: Bottom Quarter - Line 21
Day: Sunday at 6
Weekend Two Only.
BMI Stage
Thoughts: Why is every artist on this line just someone's name. Just fake me out and only use your last name or something. Just be Keable! I'm very tired of the generic pop singer style today. And luckily for me, this isn't that! Oh, but wait, its generic R&B singer style instead. Which is terribly rude to say, but I am just not the right guy to dig into a R&B singer lady. Sorry.
She British, born in South London, and was previously featured in a Disclosure track in 2013. I feel like another singer on this poster was also in a Disclosure song? Or maybe I just accused someone of sounding like them. Her father was British and her mother was Columbian. She graduated from the BRIT School, which is a performing arts school in a London borough that has produced many famous alums from Adele to Winehouse to FKA Twigs to Jade Bird to Lola Young to Olivia Dean.
Many, many EPs and singles over the past 8 years. None of the early stuff really popped, but she has had a few gain some traction more recently. Her top song on Spotify isn't hers, something called GIVEON. And her most streamed is also not hers, something called Isaiah Falls. So, her top streamer that just belongs to her is "WHY" with 16.7 million streams.
Sure. Forgettable and uninteresting for me, personally, but her voice is nice. I feel like a jerk when I review R&B, because I just don't care for it. Might as well be gospel or classical, which I would never seek out to hear. If you love London R&B lady singers, then go check this one out! I'll stop while I am ahead here and just say it is not for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment