One Liner: Solid Boston rock band now working with Dan Auerbach
Wikipedia Genre: no Wikipedia, but rock and roll, alternative rock
Home: Boston
Poster Position: Bottom Quarter - Line 21
Day: Saturday at 5:15
Weekend One Only.
BMI Stage
Thoughts: Oh, thank goodness, that's a guitar. And good guitar! I heard some Spoon in one song, and now I hear The Black Keys in part and Cage the Elephant in part in this one ("Elephant"). It's pretty good - although for some reason Spotify is being a little hoe and every time it finishes one of their little EPs, it shifts to some other band that sort of sounds like this, instead of playing the next single or EP. So my idea of what this band is has been entirely skewed by believing that many other songs are attributed to them.
When I saw this on the poster, I thought it said Fat Laci and was intrigued to either hear another London Adele-clone belter or some sort of cross between BigXThaPlug and Iggy Azalea. Instead this is Luke Faillaci and four of his close friends who make music in Boston, originally using songs and music that Luke had written and gathered through college. According to one bio, they actually ignored industry interest until one particularly tenacious manager forced their attention, signed them, and they all quit their day jobs. They still have not released an album, but apparently are working at Easy Eye Sound, which is Dan Auerbach's place, which is probably why I hear the Black Keys in their sound.
Like I said, no album as of yet, just several EPs, but if looks like an album is on the way soon as they keep releasing slightly more crowded singles with the same cover art. Top track is a 2022 track form an early EP called "Five," with 6.2 million streams.
Good, basic, rock and roll track. Nothing especially memorable, but an easy listen. It's the new tunes where I think you can tell that they have an expert in the room with them and are making better moves. Here is "Elephant" with 306k streams.
Now, that one has some funky and some groove and sounds like the kind of song I could hear hanging around on the alt rock radio for a few years. When he says "you know," that very much sounds like Black Keys, but also the guitar licks. Good guitar solo in there too - nice and fuzzy.
I would absolutely go see this, although I fear they are going to get the old BMI stage at noon treatment. [close, right stage, but at least later in the day!]
No comments:
Post a Comment