One Liner: Really nice Americana-ish tunes
Wikipedia Genre: No Wikipedia, but this is Americana, folk, indie rock
Home: Houston raised, Nashville based.
Poster Position: Bottom Quarter - Line 21
Day: Saturday at 1:45
Weekend One Only.
BMI Stage
Thoughts: Only 6 songs, so you aren't getting an especially complete idea of her, but I would liken this to the reliably great Katie Pruitt who was here recently. The short bio I read says that she is originally from Houston, but now is based in Nashville. To me, that sounds like someone who went to Belmont University. The music is a little folky, a little Americana-ey. Definitely something that I am going to play for my wife later today.
No album yet, obviously. Just those six singles. The top streamer is "Baby Don't Hurt Me" with 425k streams.
That one gives me a little Lucy Dacus vibe, if her voice was higher-pitched. I like "Believing" even more than that one though. Actually, "Lying Lately" is really good too. The second-biggest streamer is apparently about her freshman year roommate deciding to bail and leaving her all alone in the room for the second semester. "Consider Me a Winner" has 236k streams.
I know that it is dumb to be surprised by a slight person having a strong voice when Ariana Grande exists, but it still sort of surprises me. I like that line about the people in the posters of her wall are growing up. Looks like a fun ass dorm room too with those colorful appliances and the keyboard/guitar. My dorm was a depressing dump.
Yeah, I would check her out. I have really enjoyed these songs.
No comments:
Post a Comment